SHW manages leasehold blocks of flats for Residents’ Management Companies, for third party freeholders and for investing owners. The Company has considerable experience in managing multi-tenure, mixed use developments and private estates across the South of England, the Midlands and in London.
Stiles Harold Williams specialises in managing private residential estates and leasehold blocks of flats throughout London, the South of England and the Midlands.
We provide a comprehensive professional service in accordance with best estate management practice to a variety of clients, including National Developers and House Builders, Institutional freehold investors, Resident Management Companies and Right to Manage Companies. We are Corporate Members of the Association of Residential Managing Agents, ARMA and follow the RICS approved Code of Conduct. In the interests of good customer service we follow a recognised complaint handling procedure following guidelines from the RICS, ARMA and SOS (Surveyors Ombudsman Service). We are regulated by the RICS for the conduct of insurance business, license number 10.
Residential Property Management Services
- Set a Service Charge Budget at the start of the financial year
- Service charge demands sent out with budgets and notes of explanation
- Compliance with S153 and S158 notices under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002
- Regularly retender contractors and suppliers to the scheme to ensure best value for money
- Regular site meetings
- Regular client meetings, at times to suit the client
- Compliance with Health and Safety legislation
- Co-ordinate fire safety risk assessment to ensure compliance with the Regulatory Reform(Fire Safety)Order 2005
- Co-ordinate asbestos survey to ensure compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2010 updated from 2006
- Operate through bonded client accounts to ensure compliance with Section 42 Trust Funds – a separate client bank account for every scheme
- Liaison with year end Auditors
- Only instruct through an approved contractors list
- Regular payments of contractors – every two weeks
- Annual retender of Buildings Insurance
- Buildings Insurance Valuation
- Costed Condition Survey to assist with long term cyclical maintenance planning
- Company Secretariat Services
- Recruitment and supervision of on site staff including concierge services
- Quarterly financial reporting to our clients including budget against actual and debtors position
- Ground Rental collection in accordance with Section 166 of the 2002 Act
- Service charge collected through cheque, credit and debit cards and electronic methods including Direct debit
- Arrears chasing procedure for debt collection agreed with the client and implemented at their discretion
- Section 20 consultation procedure followed for major works or long term contracts
- Instructions to Chartered Building Surveyors for specifications and overseeing major works
We aim to provide a personal service tailored wherever possible to the uniqueness of your property; relying upon our long term history and experience to deliver through our professionally qualified and dedicated team.
For specialist advice on new developments please click here
For specialist advice on Resident Management Companies on new build schemes please visit our web site:-
Contact our Specialists
For further information on all our Leasehold Management services.